2013년 8월 9일 금요일

Review on Thursday, August 8th.

Bruce told me he also read my blog. Really? Seriously? I didn't know that someone except Jeff would read my blog. Now, I found out some teachers now read my blog. I should watch my tongue.. well, my fingers? haha.

These days my diet and sleeping time is so irregular. Wednesday, I ate only juice or snack, kind of. Blueberry and banana mix for morning, some snack at lunch(I was too tired to go out. I fell asleep), patbingsu for dinner. I was really curious the bingsu, so I tried and that was good. It was not too sweet so I like it. Today, (actually 5:05 morning on the Friday now) I did blood donation and fell asleep without any exercise. Then, I woke up around 1 a.m. and still awake watching some TV show on the computer. I must be out of mind.

Teaching Listening and Speaking.
We talked about four strands. Meaningful input, meaningful output, language focus, and fluency. I usually focus on input in my class, but I agree I should give students some chance to make output. Although there are few chances to speak or write English in Korea, give chance to do and encourage them to do could make them get used to producing English for someday.
Also we talked about the school rule in California. The name of school is mouthful so that I couldn't remember easily. Whatever, the rules are so specific and I doubt someone ever read these rules even once. I mean, students. Most of them never need to read those, don't they?

Teaching Culture in the English Classroom.
Okay. I should practice more to summarize text. It is really frustrating that my trial failed again and I even can't make half way to do. I may do right some part, but still so disappointed with my work. Text discourse is so different from one of Korean writing, which drives me crazy. I used to be good at Korean and not bad at writing in Korean. I think summarizing in English text needs some creativity. Rob said this text is for suggestion, but it showed large amount of result of observation and experiment. It gives us its opinion at the last and in small amount. I thought it is just small part that the writer added for kind of just in case. But THAT WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT!!!
How come they are this so different! 

Reading and Fluency Activities.
For two hours Noel did interviewed some teachers and I tried SSR. It was so hard to focus on the book because I slept for only 5 hours for two days except that I slept for an hour at the lunch time yesterday. Anyway, I started the book "About a boy" and I think I can enjoy this. I like the movie and I wanted to read the book also, but there was no chance to do. Even though this is the graded book, it will be interesting.
When can I finish Ann of Island?

Pedagogical English Instruction
I did demonstration class fist out of 6 teachers. As soon as I stood in frond of other teachers, I went blank. I totally forgot what to do. So, I skipped some part and I made some mistakes, too. Oh, my... What happened is What happened. I should just let it go. Next time, I should prepare some less. I think I prepare too much for just 5 or 10 minutes. The amount I prepared was actually for 20 minutes. What an idiot I was.
Denis checked my writing and he must have ignored my minor mistakes, because I found out some after he returned it and I was embarrassed. The result was not bad. Actually it was pretty good. I think it is because the topic was rather easy to write.

Time to go exercise and prepare to go to the class!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기