2013년 8월 28일 수요일

Review on Friday, August 23rd.


Finally it is Friday! I’ve been looking forward to see my friends after class. haha.
 
Content-based Instruction-logic&Language
Dr.Schwab explained something very interesting-brain. I’ve never thought or studied brain that throughly. Although I dozed at some points, it was very very interesting and it made sense that there is special time to learn languages. From birth to 6, children learn language in holistic way which allows children authentic way of pronounce and think in the language, which adults never attain. Whatever the language is, once children learn a language, it could be the base for learning other languages. Without it, human never learn any languages anymore.
 
Classroom English
Imperative - inquisitives questions are important!
I thought I used to use “Can/May I ask you...” “Could you do me a favor...” “Do you have some time?” before I asked something to my co-teachers. They said I talked sometimes too politely. It could be and that’s better, because I don’t know the certain degree of politeness and casualness. So, I chose to be polite rather than to be rude. Isn’t it right?
However, using English sometimes makes me feel strange. Although there is certain form of politeness, it is much freer to talk with foreign teachers than Korean teachers. When I use English, I often forget ages and I find out myself talk freely with them. Language doesn’t decide everything, but it SURELY influence people’s way of thinking, I think.
 
Afternoon, we prepared our demonstration class. Some teachers asked Dr.Schwab more time to prepare, but the other teachers and I thought this two hours and another one hour on Monday is much enough for 10 minute-maximum show. I want to have more chances to do. The more, the better. 


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기