2013년 8월 26일 월요일

Review on Monday, August 19th.


Today, I was really upset for the internet. I posted it in briefly, so I don’t want to talk about it anymore. However, I must call the company and make it pay for this.
 
Writing for Communication
Honestly, I hadn’t had time for doing homework. I really wanted to finish my writing, but the books....... I should get them organized at some degree. Now, it is still messy but I have a little place to read some books and do my homework like this. Although I can get internet connected... Ahhhhhhhhk!!
I heard this curriculum would be so hard to catch up with, but... this is not as hard as I thought. Of course I have lots to do. This blog takes lots of time from me, and I have to do exercise at least 4 times a week. it takes less than 3 hours for short round trip everyday. I still have lots of material to read(I haven’t read some of them yet. Crazy!). However, teachers gave us lots of time to prepare demonstration and writing. Sometimes it is little weird and I wonder why they give us this much time, because if I were one of them, I would give the trainees much less time. They may give us just one hour preparation time and make us prepare our lesson at home. Or, they can make us do one hour preparation and present right after. Teachers seem to be so considerate that I can enjoy this program. I am lucky to learn something new here, now. As time goes by, I really want to learn more even after this class. I am now seriously thinking about going abroad to study more in UK or Canada. Can I make it? Can I survive there? Some people who have known me for long time told me I could do anything that I want and I would succeed. I really want to do.
 
Teaching Listening and Speaking
Category games. A phone became a bomb. It was really fun way to use the phone in the class. This can give tension to students and make them focus on the work. I think this game is useful for review. Each lesson has a topic and I can teach them some vocabulary for several hours or even only one hour. After that, it will give me a good way to check my students’ memory. Scattergories looks much more difficult than simply explaining some words in a certain category. Students must know lots of vocabulary and can bring them out of their heads. However what if I let them use their phone to look up some words on the internet? it may work even in class with intermediate level.
 
CALL & Multimedia Instruction
As usual, Jeff introduced us some new helpful websites and let us surf the internet as we wanted. It was interesting to see some website where people willing to share their work and knowledge. This must be how people make life and world better. I want to join the group someday.
Prezi looks interesting but I couldn’t make one presentation. Now, I found out how hard Danny worked to learn this. He is so incredibly good. I will miss him after he leaves the school.
 
At lunch, I had just a small amount of instant spaghetti. If I have lots for lunch, I must fall asleep in the afternoon. So, I try to have light lunch for my afternoon classes. Alas. I fell asleep again. The coordinator explained us about I-20 visa, and almost last time I fell asleep. It is really hard to sit still after lunch. Everyday I realize that I should give my students more activities to make them participate in the class.
 
It takes about 40 minutes to write this journal(?), and I am going to write another ones for last Wednesday and Friday. Do work in time or you must pay for that later even more... I think.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기