2013년 8월 28일 수요일

Review on Monday, August 26th.

Writing for Communication
I like writing although it is very different from diary. Very different. I like writing although Denis pointed out some mistakes and he ignored many other mistakes.. haha.
Really, I really like writing. When I was in high school, the time I was busy studying, I kept my diary almost everyday. It took, of course, more than half an hour, but it was one of ways for releasing my stress for study and my tough and hard life. Well, I can’t read them well because it is so embarrassing to read those emotions again.
Anyway, we talked about how to write introduction of an essay. There are some ways to do this, although, Denis didn’t like this much.
Move from general to specific
Use an anecdote
Use a quotation
Ask a question
Present facts and statistics
 
Why did I feel that tired this morning? I was a little embarrassed that Denis mentioned me for being tired.
 
CALL & Teaching listening and Speaking
Social Network Service.... that was the word coined in Korea? Really? I thought it was invented by English speakers. We explored some sites and had time to think whether the sites would be useful to each other.
As a teacher, I often feel that I am overwhelmed by massive information. Finding good information is important. However what is more is processing the information suitable to my class. It is just raw material before I precess it. The problem is, there are already too many things not only in offline but also on the internet. Too often it takes too much time screen some good materials.
We also had time to think about activities that we will do demonstration on Thursday.............................. Ah.... I almost, no, totally forgot this till now. Some teachers definitely complained about this(Well, I felt like doing, too) and... Jeff made me some opponents by saying what I wrote on my blog. JEFF!!!! )-; Now, my life is on a very thin thread and I’m sure there are some enemies around me..... lol.
 
Practicum and Microteaching
Superlative. It has its accent on the second syllable. So, it must be pronounced like suPERlative. idiot I am. -_-
I did demonstration for this time, and with other teacher’s help, I finished it well. Well.... I think. It wasn’t that bad, is it? And Dr.Schwab (As I mentioned, everyone calls him Dr.Schwab, not Bob. He is the exception among the faculties.) gave us some advice. My team’s work would have been better if we had considered the adjective set, like short-tall, big-small. It could be also a good way to teach antonyms. Also he suggested us that we should get students to write/create the rule themselves. I gave them some examples using myself as a precious guinea pig and highlighted some important parts of the sentences. Then, I may lead them to suggest the rule and make it into a sentence. That is the inductive way. I usually try this way but without the last part-making rules by themselves. Okay, I’ll try later.
Other teachers also did really well, fantastic. Their experience as a teacher, I can’t catch up with in a few years. I should try harder.
Today, it was little hard to follow his explanation. Especially when he commented on Nora’s demonstration. I should practice and focus on listening more.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기