2013년 8월 28일 수요일

Review on Thursday, August 22nd.


 
When I came home, someone rang the bell. I asked who he is, he didn’t answer. What? I looked though the eyehole, there was a man wearing shirt with white envelops in his hand. I opened the door and asked him again, then he finally answered that he was a kind of paperman. He recommended me to subscribe the paper, but I was about to say no. However, he looked at me again and said, “You are a student! Then you can’t do it, right?” I just said yes, and he went away. Good. Someone still regard me as a student and I can pretend that I have no right to do anything. No bothering and happy. kkk
 
Teaching Listening and Speaking
Should check Jeff’s blog.
As usual, we started with ‘small talk’. We stood in line and talked to each other. Usually my partners and I talked about rainy days. I don’t like rainy days that much except that I can stay inside a cafe and enjoy coffee and books. It rained a lot in the morning for about 10 minutes, and that’s why, I assumed, Jeff chose the topic.
We did ‘Conditional Chain’ in pair. We were got a sentence like ‘If I hadn’t become a teacher...’ then, the first one should complete the sentence such as “If I hadn’t become a teacher, I would be a singer.” The second one makes the sentence using the sentence the former completed like “If I were a singer....” After some time, the teacher stops students talking and ask them what was the last sentence.
 
Mine was, “If I got expelled by the British government, I would come back home and start working again.” Hahaha.
 
one of the today’s topic was ‘Logic Puzzle’. Puzzle. hm... I’m not a big fan of puzzle. However, it was not that hard. So, it was okay. It could be a small activity when I have 5 minutes after finish the class.
 
The other was ‘Expanding Sentences’. It could make students practice listening and speaking/writing checking grammar. It would be better to be done in group to have diversity and give each student some time to think. It could be rather diffecult because students must know the part of speech for each word and how to consist of sentence. I may put some limit by giving some words before.
 
Jeff said Expanding story would be more challenging, but if students have little knowledge of grammar, making story may give them a little more room for making something freely.
 
ex) Noel is an Australian.
Noel who is a hilarious is an Australian and huge fun guy who enjoys sarcasm. kkkkkk
 
And... Group Shout. 이구동성. This must be fun and useful for review of important sentences!
 
Anyway, what is activities exactly? I forgot...
 
LGBT, Gay&Straight, transvertite, transsexual, transgender 차이 비교
 
One thing which was really fun.
We did a dictation with sitcom “Friends”. First, we guessed what they were saying after watching the part without sound and then we checked it. Anyway It shows different way to talk between man and woman. kkk
 
Teaching Culture in the English Classroom
요약, 질문들 가서 다시 확인하기
hahaha... I was soooooo tired, then I dozed a little at the last. However, I did most of time pretty good, I think.
Study 1.
Appeal to Authority
Appeal to Ignorance
False Alternatives
Post Hoc(questionable cause)
Slippery Slope(if we do that, the world will end)
Hasty Generalization
 
Learning something new is exciting although I am not that rational person. Sometimes this kind of thinking and reasoning make me uncomfortable because it could be very inhumane. However, still, if I want to be persuasive, I must like reasoning rationally.
 
We analyzed text about fast food like hamburgers or fries. Now, I am hungry. I like French fries a lot!
 
Reading and Fluency Activities
4000 Essential English Words.
Whenever I open it, I feel how far/much I stand behind from the GOOD ability of using English. I should study more.
Anyway, “Call My Bluff” was a fun game. Also, Bruce is always fun. He makes everyone laugh. I think he has very good character.
 
Pedagogical English Instruction
He checked my video before, so I was able to spend the time as I wanted. I just do my work. I hope other teachers do their job in time so that we don’t have to take more extra time to do some work. I come here to study, not to play or take ‘healing’ time.



댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기