2014년 1월 7일 화요일

Review on Monday, January 6th, 2014, Sunny


I took a walk on the way to BUFS. I felt good. I should take a walk often like this.

1. Writing
Running dictation... It was interesting and somewhat fun but hard and difficult!! Brad, you could have given us some easy work! I am not good at memorizing sentences for short time! I am 29 almost and it means my short-term memories don't work well as they used to do! Also, I am terrible at memorizing nowadays. I am forgetful a lot when I don't like to remember something... Jeff must be laughing at this writing(Are you?). I used to memorize little better in short time when I was in high school but not any more...-_- Anyway, I had to check the sentences for several times before reciting them to the group.

Interestingly, I have never been told that I was smart. Instead of that, teachers always told me that I was so patient and I had a real 'heavy butt'. That meant that once I sat to study, I stayed there for long time and finished my work. This explained a lot. I should put my best effort on whatever I want to get or I should fail. Why? Tricks and tips don't work well for me. The good thing is I usually enjoy what I should do(not paper work!)

How can I use this in my class? I will use this the class after big test or end of semester for refreshment. Or, I may use this as a way to make students memorize the textbook. kkk

P.s. I love the story about a husband and a wife.

2.  Classroom Strategies and Techniques
I like the movie "the untouchable". It does not follow the typical Hollywood movies. (Which tense should I use here???? past? or simple present?) For the opposite reason, I hate the ending of "The Devil Wears Prada". The entire story line is screwed up because of the ending. Why should she choose the stupid boyfriend?-_-++ I know lots of Hollywood movies focus on the love for FAMILY and FRIENDS. However, to me, the boyfriend is so, very, undeniably selfish. Why? If he was in her shoes, he would certainly do the same thing to her and say "I have no choice. You should understand me." And then, he might find another girl who seemed to understand him better because they worked in the same field.

Denis made us do dictowatch which we already had done before we went to USA. Still, it was pretty hard and difficult.... Today was a hard day for two classes... It was fortunate that we had time for watching a movie.

For my students, what kind of movie clip should I prepare? It could be a very difficult question for me.

3. Practicum Presentation
Dr.Schwab was absent. We took our time to prepare(?) the presentation. I finally decided what to do for the presentation.




One of my friend failed again to pass the exam for public school. I felt so sorry for her. I know what she felt... Also I am curious about the result for other friends. Are they preparing the next round(?) of the text? I hope they do...


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기