2013년 9월 16일 월요일

Review on Monday, September 9th


CALL & Multimedia Instruction
Today, we were looking for some ways to apply what we have learned to our future class. As always, it was not that easy job, because I am not a computer friendly person. If there are some ways, I prefer them without computer. In Korea, teachers sometimes rely on too much on computer and internet. So if there are some problems on computer, the class probably will be mess, literally. Most of material for textbook now is given in CD or on the internet. With computer, teachers can do anything, but without it, teachers can't do anything. Isn't it interesting? I have used computer and internet for almost fifteen years and everything has changed. Even in my classroom in my school, there is not a blackboard. My classroom has only a white board and there is an electronic board(?) behind it. It is so convenient that I used it a lot. However, when it is out of order, my class easily get into chaos.

I should be prepared for every situation. I must learn more.

Writing for Communication
We started to write an essay finally. Also Denis gave me my writing back. One is mess and the other was good, he said. He seemed to like it. I was glad that he like it. To write the better one, I looked up the internet and read about stress on wikipedia. It was a good lesson. 1. I should be more creative. 2. Before writing, I should look for valid reasons. 3. My idea is not specific enough as I think. It always broader. 4. Do some research and it must be better.

(I wrote again this because I thought I didn't write about this. What an fool I am!
I just past it here.

I sent my writing to Denis and it was so late time for sending it. I am lazy. )-;
The homework was to rewrite a paragraph about stress, because I made lots of mistake not only in grammar but also in whole part... like not so specific again or not giving reasons. It is still confusing to me. What are reason, statement, illustration, and comment? uh...
He pointed out weak reasons, so I googled stress and find out some reason to relax and reduce stress in wikipedia. Of course, it showed me in a word or sentence and I added my opinions and some examples. And... finally, I got perfect score! Yes!

lesson: If you can't bring up with good reasons, study on it!

I learned how to write conclusion today. It looked like rephrase, rephrase and summarize. hm...

Denis had us write an essay on anything. Oops, I think I choose wrong topic again. Idiot I am.

It was so fun to see Bruce trying to persuade Denis and Denis arguing back. kkkk. I really wanted to record it. Bruce and Denis were so humorous guys and I like them.)


CALL & Multimedia Instruction
Again, search for ways.

Practicum and Microteaching
We did demonstration teaching. Sage did great. I like her voice tone and actions. She looked so cheerful. I wonder how I look to my students.
I like Haily's writing work. It is the interesting way to introduce oneself. I read about this before but I didn't try this. I should do next year.

There are lots of things I should learn from other teacher. All of them have more experience than I do which I can't catch up with, never.




댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기