2013년 7월 30일 화요일

Review on Monday, July 29th: angry at the blog

I can't believe that there are 4 months left in this year! Time flies no matter when we have fun or not. Is that the proof that I am getting older to feel time goes too fast?

M.M.I.V.I.
First I saw this, it looked so strange. What is it? It says: MONDAY MORNING IS VERY IMPORTANT.

That's right. Every beginning is go important. However, we always seem more tired on Monday than any other days. As a teacher, we should refresh our classes at the very beginning. When the teacher is happy, the students are happy, too. So, 'small talk rotation lines' was useful for breaking being tired mood. It is useful to find out what my friends did last weekend. The strong point of this is 1. this could be active by everyone standing  2. through repetition, students may grow their fluency and correct their errors by themselves. However, I think latter one could be also weak point of this activity, because I don't like to repeat something again and again.

Writing! I am really worried about my writing ability. First of all, there is few chance to write in English. Second, no matter how I tried hard, my writing looked strange and needed lots of correction from foreign teachers. Although I studied English writing a while for the test to be a teacher, it is still difficult to write something in English. Anyway, it is included in the curriculum, I should do my best to learn this. I hope I can learn lots of forms for writing and practice a lot. (But NO lots of homework... please.)

While I was learning google+ and blog, I was confused with lots of menus those have. Whenever I try something new, it takes time to get used to it. I am a slow learner.

HOW CAN I CATEGORIZE MY WRITINGS!!!! It is so easy to sort posts with naver blog or cyworld blog but it is not here! I should find out how to sort out my posts not using tags.


In the afternoon, our generous Bob teacher gave us lots of lots of lots stuff that we can not only use for teaching but also learning ourselves. It was so precious and much material, so that nobody could possible see all the material. Thank you, Mr. Schwab! And sorry for a little dozing during the class. Nevertheless, it was good time to think about my classes and how to make them communicative with context.


Now, teachers start to give us HOMEWORK. I should manage my time more properly.

댓글 2개:

  1. 민지,

    Delighted to see you blogging so actively. A few points I'd like to make...

    1) Writing in L2 is REALLY difficult and you're doing great. Give yourself some credit :)

    2) Google definitely uses some different interfaces and organizational methods that can take a while to figure out. However, why so 'anti-tagging'? Tagging actually adds complexity and depth to blog organization - the keys are that posts can have as many tags as you like and you can create as many sets of customized categories as desired. You can see a limited example with the Courses and Classes sections of http://pufsttp2011.blogspot.kr/

    I'll be standing by to address category issues on Wednesday.

    답글삭제
    답글
    1. Thank you for your supporting.:) I want to keep track of the program with this blog. It may help me to write a report at the end of the program as well as to remind me of memories I am enjoying now.

      I skim the text covering categories in the website. I should try this one more in the class tomorrow. Thank you for showing me that. Getting used to new interfaces is quite difficult thing for me as I wrote above because I am a slow learner always. I'm trying hard but I can't not help feeling some frustrated doing something new. I'm not talking you back. I just tell you my honest feeling. I wondered why even Korean blog let us write tags(there is less need to tag the posts except for searching) but now I found out how it can be used.

      See you tomorrow.:)

      삭제